Saturday 25 April 2009

Comment on Josephine Daly's blog on "Mortal or venial sin"

I can comment that post as a catholic person, who was growing up in religious family and religious country as well. If I believe in two kinds of sin? No I don't. I think that everything depends of situation. In my opinion good example is divorce, or having sex before marriage. every single priest comdemn worshippers for doing that, but why? Divorce, having sex before wedding and killing - they are the same king of sins, and I think it is not fair. By the way if we look for the history and the origin of confession we can observe that it was idea of the clergy who wanted to know what people are doing and scare them a bit (In Middle Ages, when was the beginning of confession, people who were going to war, and saw a lot of scary and disguting things were scared of nothing except hell, because they coulb't even imagine that) thats why I don't think the idea, when another person  who has a lot of sins (maybe sometimes even worses that ours) judge us is riddiculus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment